Saturday, September 24, 2011

Two Weeks down!!!!

I have survived...but barely. 

I was grumpy this morning and ready to go home.  I had another horrible night then they forgot my cream cheese for my bagel (the nerve!) and then my doctor made a joke of me trying to go into labor while I was out walking the halls.  I know, it all sounds piddly enough but when tired and hormonal meet, plus boredom and homesick, the intersection is not a pretty one.  Plus if I had a dollar for every stupid/silly/unappreciated comment I got while out walking, I'd probably be able to pay this hospital bill in cash. 

I allowed myself to be a crankpot for a while then after lunch, Britt called and that got me out of my funk.  Royek finally stopped in to talk to me, answering my questions about delivery and my birth plan requests.  It was a 50/50 conversation.  Part of it was okay, the other part I wanted to curse a blue streak and leave the hospital.  So yes, even though I have surrendered as previously stated, I still go back and forth about the final outcome from time to time.  I just have too much time to think.  That has always been a downfall for me. 

This baby boy has been trying his best to kick out an escape root on the right side of my rib cage all...day...long.  I think I spent more time with my head towards the ground this morning than right side up, trying to encourage him to swim to the left and swan dive.  He'd have so much room.  But no.  He just continues to kick and stretch in a place where there is simply no more room.  Oh how I wish I could have some acupuncture today.  He really needs to shift over and downwards.  I'm out of ideas as to how else I can encourage him. 

I had a nice visit time this afternoon.  Dallin, Mark and Lisa came up to visit for a few hours which was really great.  They just headed home a half hour ago.  I think I'll take a nap now and then read a bit more and then see if I feel like watching a movie. 

There were 10 babies born yesterday and at least 5 today.  Weekends are so much busier than the weekdays around here.  crazy. 

No comments: