Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Then Again...Maybe Not.

Let me start with the day in review because that is pleasant.

I slept much better last night after taking some drugs.  I woke up before 8, had breakfast then had a little cat nap before showering and getting dressed.  Then after lunch I did some reading and some emails then even got to go for a little wheelchair ride outside- woo hoo!  I watched Eclipse and had another little cat nap and just overall had a pretty good day.  Alisha brought me more yarn.  She stopped by on Sunday and taught me how to crochet.  Have I mentioned that yet?  Anyway, I am really liking it and she brought me 4 balls of yarn so I should have a couple little blankets done by the end of the week. 

I spent the evening crocheting and semi-watching tv then went up to the nurses station to use the scissors and chat with them.  That's when I hit a road block.

They were asking me what the plan for induction next week was and Joan said that any babies born before 35 weeks will automatically go to the NICU no matter their weight, color at birth etc.  Great.  I had been told otherwise.  I was told that they would go there but if their stats were fine, they would be released.  She said that they would stay there for at least 12 hours before being released.  So now I am rethinking the plan.  They said to talk to Royek on Monday and he can talk to the neonatologist that will be on duty and they might be able to be flexible but who knows.  I'll try not to think about it til then but jeez loueez can I please just get a break?  let's just set a plan and get this all over with.  I guess it's really not too much of a change since I was originally wanting to wait til Friday anyway but then I got antsy and since Royek wants to induce as soon as they are heads down, that changed things.  But if waiting another 2 freaking days in this hospital means that they will come straight back to me then fine, I will give another 2 days of my life sitting in this room, brewing these babies and crocheting their blankets. 

anyway, of course I'll keep you posted.  Tomorrow is another ultrasound.  stay tuned....

No comments: