Friday, September 23, 2011

Stretched to the Limit

I am officially uncomfortable.  And bored.  Not a great combination for a Friday afternoon.

I am beginning to have a slight inclination as to what it would feel like to be racked in mideval England.  The skin from my shoulders all the way down to mid-thigh is pulled to the max.  It's tight, itchy, mostly red and yes, my body has finally succumbed to stretch marks.  The word 'mark' doesn't seem to do them justice.  They are more like 2 angry, blazing red jetstreams laying wake below my belly button.  And they hurt!  They are so sore and sensitive.  Everytime I have an ultrasound or monitoring, I flinch and cringe when they drive their wands overtop of the area.  And we still have 2 weeks to go!  That means that each baby could potentially gain another pound before birth.  The aftermath of this experience will be forever ingrained into my torso.  Even my armpits are tight and uncomfortable. 

Speaking of ultrasounds, I forgot to include that update from yesterday.  Good news- both babies scored 8/8.  Two points each for fluid, practice breathing, movement and heart rate.  Her fluid is normal but still could use improvement.  Bad news- she is still breech, he is still transverse.  The little man is getting cramped in there.  He is laying right under my ribcage and is constantly stretching out his legs.  It feels like a roller pin under my skin as I see and feel his feet move out.  I keep telling him that he would have so much more room and be so much more comfortable if he would just do a little 90degree head dive and reside in the left side of the womb.  I even gave him permission to kick me in the ribs all he wants.  Nope.  He still hasn't moved. 

I need a project.  I joked on facebook this morning about bringing my sewing  machine in so I could whip up halloween costumes for the twins.  I have nothing else to do!  I finished watching Mad Men and don't feel like watching anything else.  I can only read for a few minutes before getting drowsy and wanting to go back to bed.  I rarely have visitors and there is only so much pacing of the halls I can do, enduring the same blank stares and stupid questions/comments from passersby.  And still another two weeks to go with all this?!  I am so excited!!!!!

No comments: