Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Slow Sunday

I slept in til 10 today because last night was kind of rough.  I was getting a little frustrated with this leak situation.  It keeps me up for hours sometimes.  Anyway, after breakfast and a quick shower, Karen and her husband came in and she gave me another chiropractic adjustment.  She said my ligaments and alignment were much better than the last time.  The babies really respond well to these treatments.  I have another acupuncture treatment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.  When my night nurses came in an hour ago, Raquel said that her supervisor was looking into liability with the treatments.  I might have to sign something.  Whatever.  I'll sign whatever but don't take her away until I say so.  This is all helping, I know it.  I'll be ticked if they change their mind and would probably just smuggle them in to treat me anyway.  What are they gonna do?  Send me home on bad behavior??   hmmmmm.......

Dallin came up by himself after church.  We worked on an inversion and actually had a decent conversation lasting more than a few minutes, which is usually the case when the boys are here visiting.  Lisa popped in for a bit as well and it was nice to have a room of company.  After Lisa left, I walked Dallin to the elevators and dinner was waiting for me when I returned. 

I have a nice photo entry ready for you today but my computer won't read the card directly so I will have to wait til tuesday or wednesday for dallin to bring up my card reader.  Then you can see the inside scoop of my living quarters. 

Tonight I have been a bit lost in thought.  I have been thinking a lot lately about how to go about fighting for my rights with my babies after they are born.  I was just down at the nursery where there was a little guy naked under the heating lamps sleeping peacefully when the nurse came over to give him a bath.  He started screeching and all those tiny limbs flailing as she went about scrubbing at his face and head.  I couldn't watch.  I had to walk away.  That is just one thing of many I want to avoid with my babies.  I don't want them separated from me in the first place and I do not want them bathed by anyone but me and definitely not hours after birth.  Babies are not dirty when they are born!  Anyway, I'll save my speech on the topic but I have been worrying alot the last couple days about those postpartum hours for my newborns.  I called Georganna (midwife) and we are going to powwow tomorrow to come up with a plan on how I can get what I want and how to go about getting it. 

This all probably sounds really silly to those who have had a hospital birth and see my birthing center experiences as a bit extreme.  But this is such a 180 from what I know and want.  I have very strong beliefs in regards to the bonding/comforting that takes place immediately after birth.  I want my babies with me.  I don't want them being dealt with by plastic gloves, under bright lights, swirled around in plastic bins up and down the hallway, washed up with antibacterial soaps like they are some kind of infectious alien to our planet and needlessly poked and prodded.  I want them held and bonding with their mommy and daddy and grandparents......It almost makes me start thinking the question- why did this have to happen?  Why couldn't we have the birth that I had envisioned and that we had pretty much finalized details for?  I know everything happens for a reason.  So what is the reason for this experience?  I'd really like to know because I really don't like this worrying feeling.  This feeling that a disappointing experience is inevitable.  I am still weeks to go and all I want is for all of this to be over and to be at home with all 4 of my babies.  God give me the strength and the patience and the courage to endure at least 2 more weeks of all of this......because right now I am feeling kind of bummed about the end result. 

No comments: