Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things That I Miss

Things that I miss from living at home and from being non-pregnant.  Day 18 here at the hospital.  I'm bored and trying to entertain myself.  So let's see what I can come up with in all seriousness as well as some for comedic relief. 
I miss....

1.  My husband.  This much time alone I feel like I'm single again.  I kinda just want to sit down with him and makeout like we're teenagers.  haha!  oh wait, that's what got me here in the first place.  never mind! ;)

2.  My boys.  Oh I just want snuggles and kisses and to watch them run round and round in circles giggling and playing with each other. 

3.  My bed.

4.  My privacy.

5.  Being able to cook and bake. 

6.  Daily doses of fresh air.

7. Wearing normal clothes. 

8.  Going to church. 

9.  Cleaning.  Yup.  I sometimes make a mess around here just to have something to tidy up. 

10.  doing my hair and makeup. 

11.  having a daily to-do list. 

12.  being able to touch my feet.

13.  Having a lap that my belly does NOT rest on.

14.  Eating anything more than a few bites without getting heartburn.

15.  Laying on my stomach.

16.  Rolling over in bed in a second, not 5 minutes while actually holding my belly in order to do so. 

17.  Being able to shave my own legs. 

18.  Not having to pee every 8 minutes. 

19.  Walking like a human, not an overstuffed turkey on his tiptoes with both broken hips. 

20.  Speaking of walking, I can't wait til I can wear cute heels again.

21.  My waist measurement to be back somewhere in the 20s, not double+ that!  I wonder if I'll crack the big 5-0 before next week.....

22.  my innie belly button. 

23.  Being able to have a bath. 

24.  Nesting.  I was just starting to get organized and then this happened.  It's kind of driving me crazy that the nursery is complete chaos but that will change within a couple days of us getting home. 

25.  my Mary Kay meetings.  I miss my girls!

26.  washing clothes.  I kind of like doing laundry.  I almost find it therapeutic.  weird, huh?

27.  being able to work out or do anything that raises my heartrate and doesn't give me contractions. 

28.  speedwalking, not slowwaddling.

29.  running errands or anything that involves contact with society. 

30.  being flexible and moving at ease without thought of pulling something, throwing out a hip or putting myself into labor.

Yup.  This has all been swell and grand but I am ready to live at home again and have my body be my own. 

No comments: