Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

You want to know my favorite word in that title?  End.  Yup, we are almost there. 

It's interesting that you really do have to hit rock bottom sometimes to start moving in the direction that you want to go-upwards.  I had the worst night yet last night.  6am I was still awake.  I called my nurse and complained at how uncomfortable I was and she convinced me to take a couple pills to help me calm down and get some sleep.  Well, they worked.  Gloriously.  I finally calmed down and fell asleep.  I got up around 9ish to pee and eat my breakfast then went back to bed til almost 130.  I still didn't want to get up then but forced myself to.  Then I still had a nap for an hour or so before 6.  I'm going to get something at bedtime tonight to help me sleep and reset this bodyclock.

Dallin came up tonight to bring me some non-hospital food for dinner and a little date night visit.  Before he left I got another blessing and it was exactly what I needed, they always are.  How do people live without the prieshood power in their lives?!  I am so grateful that it is a part of my life.  These babies are getting ready to make their turn- to be head down.  We are on the home stretch.  We're going to have babies in the next week.  I'm looking at the calendar and I think oct.5 will be the big day.  If I can convince my doc to let me wait for my mama to get here. 

I feel so good right now.  Like I can breathe and can see the end and just have to hang in there a few more days.  My waistline has grown another 2 inches- a jaw dropping 47 inches!!!!  But---I am grateful.  That means babies are growing really well.  Baby girl looked a lot bigger in the ulrasound yesterday morning so I am happy for that.  Mr chunkachunk continues to be so.  Wouldn't it be so great if both babies were 6 pounders?!  I am fairly confident he will be.  She might be just a few ounces under that.  But the bigger the better.  The healthier they are, the sooner we can go home and my goal is to go home the day after they are born. 

Speaking of which, I am one of only a few still on the high risk unit.  Most were released today.  So many that my nurse was sent home because there wasn't enough to do.  A few more have been admitted but I am definitely the one with the gold star for being here the longest.  Doctors continue to be amazed that I have been leaking for 3 weeks and have not gone into labor.  I think I have finally convinced Royek that he doesn't know what's going on but that I do.  ha!  They just have no idea who I have in my corner and who is really in charge of this situation.  I can't wait to see his face next week when he gets back and sees that these babies did in fact turn.  Faith precedes miracles.  I have been blessed to experience 2 amazing miracles in the same summer.  What a humbling, growing and beautiful experience both of these trials have been. 

No comments: