Saturday, September 17, 2011

One Week Down

I can't believe I've been in here a week already.  It has gone by fairly quickly for which I am grateful.  I must confess I am getting somewhat baby hungry.  I think there are 7 newborns on the floor now and I want to meet mine too.  But I know that it is still too early.  They need at least another 2 weeks to bake and so I will continue to be patient. 

Dallin brought the boys up to visit today.  We spent a few minutes in my room eating snacks and talking to my friend whose daughter is in PICU then we went down to the peds waiting room.  there is a toddler table in there and a toy table so we closed the door and let the boys roam free for 20 minutes.  Zade was more than content running from one end of the room to the other, flopping onto the chairs then dragging and pushing one of the toddler chairs around.  It was nice to just sit and watch them play.  I've missed their cute little faces and their interaction. 

Dallin brought me a few new gitfts.  An electric kettle so I can make my tea every night and not have to ingest the lukewarm microwaved water that the nurses have been providing and a little pair of speakers to plug into my computer for watching Netflix and movies.  The volume settings on my computer are too low(even set at max)  to watch without earplugs and they were starting to bother me.  now I don't feel so isolated when I am watching something. 

Lisa popped in for a visit around 6 and brought me Jane Eyre and Something Borrowed plus a bag of Dove chocolate caramels.  Ah, she knows me too well.  We had a nice visit waiting for my dinner to arrive.  I've already watched Something Borrowed.  It was good but totally rewritten from the book.  After I post this I'll watch Jane Eyre.

I am up til about 1230 each night.  They come in to do my 20 minutes of monitoring the babies right after midnight so I don't bother trying to sleep before then.  I have enough interuptions during the night after 1am that it is pointless to try and sleep before that test is run.  So don't hesitate to call thinking it is too late because I am awake until at least 1am every night. 

I'm going to see if I can convince my dr to let me go outside for a bit tomorrow afternoon.  I asked my nurse yesterday but she said they usually want me to stay on the floor because "they would have a fit if you got to the main floor and that cord fell out."  Yes, because the chances of that happening are at LEAST in the 90th percentile.  Ugh.  worst case scenario thinkers.  I could never work in a profession where I had to focus on the negative odds all day long.  anyway, I'll see if it would be okay for Dallin to push me outside in a wheelchair.  Fresh fall air would be glorious right about now.  Now back to movie night.....

No comments: