Friday, September 16, 2011

A Baby Boom on a Gloomy Friday Afternoon

There is a lullaby chime that rings over the intercom whenever a baby is born.  I think it rang 4 times this afternoon.  Including my next door neighbor who had a 3lb baby girl, 15 inches.  I only know this from the pink, informative wreath hanging on her door.  She was high risk as well so I assume that teeny girl is in NICU.  I hope she will be fine. 

The newborn nursery is at the end of my hall and there are 4 babies in there right now.  Two were right by the glass and I got a little choked up looking at those punkins.  They were all chub and pink and bundled up and I just wanted to pick them up, take a good whiff of that nerborn baby smell and give 'em a snuggle.  A few more weeks and we'll have two!!!  I can't imagine not wanting your newborn baby right beside you but that is just me. 

My awesome RS president came to visit me today and brought me a basket of goodies.  No, she literally brought me a basket.  Fresh fruit, lollipops, chocolates, granola bars, M&Ms, crackers, cookies.  It's better than a Christmas stocking! I love it!  She stayed and we chatted for about an hour.  It was great to have the company because with the gloomy weather today I was feeling more lonely than usual.  But she fixed that! 

The babies have been doing a lot of swimming today.  Round and round in summersaults and pushing my belly to its ultimate stretching capacity.  It's hard to believe that there is only about 9 lbs of baby in there.  Feels more like 12-14.  All of the prayers and pep talks and treatments are really helping.  I'm excited to see when the big flip happens next week.  We will all be more comfortable when that happens. 

1 comment:

Lori said...

It was great seeing you today! It was fun to just relax and talk! xo