Thursday, July 28, 2011

Because 2 heads (down) are better than one

I had my final appointment at the birth center today.  It was sad.  I love those ladies and will miss their involvement in this pregnancy. 

I did my glucose test and then had my check up.  Both babies are now head down (yay!!!!) and their heart rates are great.  I thought we would see them on the ultrasound today since last checkup Rita checked their heart rate with it but Nancy worked with me today and said that's not really necessary until after 28 weeks.  She found both heart rates quite easily with the doppler. 

Tuesday I meet with Dr. McLeod and he takes over my prenatal care.  I'll be 26 weeks on Saturday and it is time to start slowing down.  I can feel the difference in my body.  I'm tired, feeling heavier and I told Dallin the other day there is a big chance I just might waddle with this pregnancy.  NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Adjusting to carrying two is definitely a challenge.  I have always been the woman who exercises through her whole pregnancy, has no physical complaints really and is on hands and knees scrubbing floors at 39 weeks trying to self-induce.  It's a totally different ball game with twins.  I already feel the physical limitations and I'm still (hopefully) 12 weeks out.  But what can I do other than accept it, adapt and move on.  A messy house (something that I cannot stand!) will have to be a compromise in exchange for getting to full term with happy, healthy, 7 pound babies. 

1 comment:

Woods said...

Tovah!! you've had alot on your plate! I'm thrilled about the twins. : ) You are amazing and I will pray for you that the next few months go well. Love, Jess