Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grand Total

Got the other hospital bill today and I was off by only a couple thousand. 

The grand total of Dallin's hospital stay of 7 days and a 12 hour surgery is $192, 113.42.

Crazy, huh?!?!

I had predicted $190K.

I forgot to mention that the $25k bill from HHH was adjusted down to only $12K because we are self pays but that gives us a bill total of $217,000. 

Dallin's finishing the taxes now then we can complete our medicaid application. 

It's crazy that they can charge that much.  Does it really, really cost that much?  His room and board fee for the week was over $7,0000.  Um, really?  We could have stayed at a 5 star with silk sheets and dined on Kobe beef and lobster for the week and came up with a smaller bill, I am sure.  But whatever. 

I think that all his follow up visits are included in that bill.  Something else might trickle in but I doubt it. 

No comments: