Friday, July 8, 2011

Big news comes in threes

Yup, brace yourself.  Something else is happening for this family.

I think the saying is that bad news comes in threes but finding out we're having twins wasn't bad.  So we'll just say big news is in threes.  And let's hope it stops at threes.  Are you ready? 

Our landlord is selling our house. 

He's been painted into a financial corner that he cannot get out of and has no choice but to short sell his properties. 

PRO- the market continues to be horrible in this area.  He doesn't think it will sell within 6-9 months and realistically we could be here well over a year BUT you never know. 

PRO- he's cutting our rent in half just to cover the property fees and that is it.  Big blessing there. 

Option- the buyer could buy it as an investment property and we could stay on as their renters BUT they would probably want a lot more in rent than what we were originally paying. 

CON- I love this house.  I love our neighbors.  I love our yard.  I love the floorplan and all the space.  I would have stayed here for several years.  I don't want to move.  Here is hoping it doesn't happen super quick and here's hoping it doesn't happen within weeks of having these babies or while they are newborns. 

Let's all pray for mercy on this one!  We need to stay settled for a while, preferably.  But if we can survive these last few weeks, we can certainly survive whatever is the outcome of this situation.  Even if it is disappointing and possibly the worst possible timing imaginable.  This is the first time I have wished I was a homeowner.  Up til now, I never  minded being a renter.  But this situation stinks.  I don't want to be uprooted against my will.  I want to settle in, paint and decorate and make a home for us that is ours.  I want to know where I will be bringing my babies home.  I want to decorate the last nursery I will ever decorate.  Now, what's the point?  Is it worth it?  Will we be here 18 months or will we be gone by the end of summer.  Who has a crystal ball?  I'd really like an answer on this one.

Anyone want to buy an investment property,  complete with good, reliable renters?????

2 comments:

Emily Crowe said...

That stinks! But, do you have a lease? If so, I believe it has to go with the sale of the house in SC. The new owners have to honor it. I'll double check but I think that's how it works. (unless something states otherwise in the lease)

Danae Dean said...

Why don't you buy it if you like it so much? I don't know about S.C. but up here in the north west it is not a renters market, it is a buyers market right now. So many houses are being foreclosed and people are struggling. 6 months ago, you couldn't find a house under $500,000, now houses are going for less than $200,000. And on top of that, there are rewards and government discounts for buyers, $0 down, 20% off the mortgage, can you believe it? I could maybe even be eligible for a home loan!! and my credit is null! This is what my crystal ball is telling me...hehehe!