Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pain

I was finally allowed to see Dallin at 1215 last night.  It was really tough, really tough.  He said the pain was "almost unbearable" which completely broke my heart because he has the highest pain tolerance of anyone I know.  It hurt to talk, even to brethe.  Mike came in and gave him another blessing and within 5 minutes, he was breathing easier.  I massaged his hip for half an hour.  That and two other spots were throbbing from laying on his side for 8 hours of surgery.  They gave him some valium to help relax those muscles and since the pain pump wasn't cutting it, the nurse gave him some percocet.  At 130, I went to talk to our friends who had come to sit with me, telling them to go home and that he wanted me to stay.  But they didn't want to leave me driving home that late.  They said they'd hang out for another half hour to see if he fell asleep and I could go. 

I went back to his room and he was starting to doze.  The nurse told me I should go so he could sleep and so I could get some sleep.  I was sneaking out when he opened his eyes.  I told him I was going to head home and he was okay with that, starting to feel the meds and relax.  I got home around 3. 

So today is another day and I hope he had some decent sleep.  I am bracing for another rough bad day.  Please keep those prayers coming, specifically for pain relief so that we can get over the post-op hump and get healing and more comfortable.  I really hope that his doc doesn't force him to try and get on his feet if the pain is still this bad. 

Love you all. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Tovah, this is such a difficult trial. Keep looking to the Savior for your strength, and remember better days are just around the corner!

brittany said...

Still praying for you guys!!!