Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

Do you remember the last time I blogged about food?.... Me neither.  Which means it has been too long.  So that is what I will focus on for our Mothers Day festivities- what we ate.

Dace got me up at 830 to tell me that breakfast was ready.  Bacon, waffles and grapefruit juice.  yum!  Then off to church.  A quick snapshot before leaving.  My hair looked a lot better than it does in this photo.  I have no idea what was happening here.  ugh


Then after a great day at church and Zade taking a 4 hour nap (which is something he never does, especially on Sunday) we ate the following for dinner:
A nice light garden salad. 

Corned Beef Brisket.  Have you ever had this?  If not, run, don't walk, run to the store and get one today to cook in a slow cooker.  It is all sorts of shut your mouth, slap you gramma kind of good. 

BAKED corn on the cob, drenched in sweet cream butter, sprinkled with kosher sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. 

A nice faux red to compliment the meal. 


All polished off with the delicious chocolate cake.  Oh we were in heaven.  It was so good!  It was Zade's first taste of chocolate cake so I made a little video...which i will post separately.






No comments: