Monday, May 2, 2011

An Easter weekend Wedding

My beautiful sister Brittany got married last week in Southern Alberta. With the exception of one sister, all of us were there- 6 siblings and my parents.  It has been close to 12 years since we have been all together.  I flew up all by myself for a 6 day getaway; Dallin stayed at home with the boys.  It was a wonderful break from motherhood and it was an honor to use my time away to attend such a wonderful event. 

The temple marriage was Saturday morning in Cardston followed by a sweet reception in Lethbridge.  It was such a great and emotional experience for me, for everyone I think.  The spirit was so strong both at the sealing and at the reception.  It was wonderful to feel that power and refill my spiritual reservoir, something that gets low after so many hours at church pacing the halls with babies instead of being in meetings.  So the weekend was something I definitely needed and I LOVE seeing my family.  We didn't stop laughing from the moment we got together til the moment we parted ways, except for those few moments here and there where heartfelt tears were shed instead. 

Brittany and Aaron made a beautiful bride and groom.  I send them all my love and best of luck in their marriage.  From here to eternity.....


Charelle-my older sister, Heather and me.  Heather is like another sister to us.  Our families were one and the same during childhood.  We were so thrilled she made the sacrifice to come.  The three of us haven't been together in several years. 





The Racicot gang's all here...almost.  We missed ya, Noon!


This is my favorite picture that I took all weekend. 


Lil sibs- but not so little anymore. 

A happy mama and papa. 

The beautiful bride and the beautiful dress. 

2 comments:

brittany said...

Hey Tov-

That was so beautiful! Thank you for that; it made me soooooo happy! I LOVE the pictures. Thank you so much for coming! It was so wonderful, and so wonderful to have everyone there! Love you so much!

Maria Olsen said...

I love weddings and this one looks beautiful. Love Brittany's dress with all the gathering around the waist and the sleeves! Glad you got a Mommy break, they are always awesome and wonderful!