Thursday, December 3, 2009

O Christmas Tree- a Ranting by Tovah


The BEFORE shot. This is how the tree looked after we as a family decorated on Friday. Pitiful. Pathetic. Ugly. I hated it! In my raging hormonal state, I think I actually glared at it in disgust. It was ticking me off. Something had to be done!

Ta-da! The AFTER shot. All this for a grand total of $56 @ Michaels. I even tied the bow myself, thanks to a quick tutorial video on youtube. The world of craft knowledge how-to's at your fingertips on that site. It's incredible....But back to my tree.

I could have switched to white lights and used our country christmas theme decor but I knew Dace was in love with all the colors. So I had to find a theme just as playful and colorful to work with the lights. So I chose 'Whoville."
As you can see, the tree is full of bobbles and bobbits, wabbles and waabits. We love it. Most importantly, I love it and the tree receives nothing but adoring glances from its designer. Dallin calls me OCD- Obsessive, Compulsive Decorator. And I admit, guilty as charged. I will spend all day driving all over the city to collect miniscule details to finish a design project once I have started. Thankfully, this one only took 2 trips to Michaels. But lookout for when I start working on the boys room in the upcoming weeks. Oy vey.

Dace caught in the act of de-decorating. Thankfully, this thrill only lasted 2 days. Now he just stands in front of it with his hands folded in front of him looking at the lights. Smart boy. ;)

1 comment:

Marisa Hodges said...

I LOVE your tree idea! 2nd- I need your e-mail so i can add you to my blog
mine is hodgesmarisa@yahoo.com