Tuesday, December 29, 2009

19 months

It's just after 9pm. Dace is all tucked in, the house is clean, dishwasher running and Dallin is gone to a Scout campout. I sit here contemplating a few things. Dace is 19 months old today. Wow, where did those months go? I have no idea. I need to weigh and measure him in the morning as I forgot all day today.

We had a nice evening just the two of us. It seems like he knows something is about to happen. He wants a lot more time together these days,tracking me down for hugs and kisses for no reason, just because. Tonight he sat on the couch beside me, leaning into me, watching tv and sharing apples and juice. I had my hand on his leg and when I moved it over to the armrest, he grabbed it and put it back on him. too cute! After a nice bubble bath, we read his top 3 story books all cozy in the rocker then tucked him in with his two bears and his new bap-bap blankie (train quilt).

I guess the point of all my reflections is that he is such a nice little boy. He is simply pleasant and pleasantly simple. This short video is the perfect example of such a description.
Thank heaven for little boys.