Monday, January 9, 2012

What I'm Up To

I am drinking this:
Isn't that a gorgeous green?!  And it is actually very, very tasty.

Here's the scoop- Friday I watched a documentary on Netflix called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead."  It's about this austrailian guy who goes on a 60 day juice diet to cleanse and detox both his body and his life.  It was really interesting, inspirational and informative.

The next day, I woke up with the worst skin flare up that I have had in a really long time.  Dallin told me to start weaning Nev since my skin always clears up once I stop nursing.  Whether it's hormonal or lack of nutrients for me since it all goes into my milk and my body suffers, we're not sure.  Probably a bit of both plus stress.  Anyway, so I gave her a formula bottle for lunch which she took just fine.  charlotte fed her, not me.  All day I kept thinking about the docu I had watched the day before.  I don't believe in coincedences and I knew there was a reason I saw it the day before.

 So I asked around and borrowed a juicer and started that night drinking this juice.  It includes kale, celery, cucumber, green apples, lemon and ginger.  It is so refreshing and you feel better instantly after drinking it.  I am not doing a cleanse or a diet because I am still nursing but I need more nutrients in my life so I am drinking this juice once a day and am on a no-sugar cleanse for 10 days.  It's been 3 days and I can already see and feel a difference.  I am hoping that this is what my body needs so that I can keep nursing and just keep juicing at the same time.  Either way, I am addicted to juicing.  I've made orange juice with carrot and grapefruit juice in the mornings.  So good, so simple and easy and quick and SO good for you.

Anyone having health problems or just need a motivational speech to make some changes, watch this documentary.  You should be able to rent it anywhere.  It's a quick and interesting show.

And the funniest part of all of this- you know my oldest son who won't eat anything?  Guess who loves my grinch juice-
Yup.  He tried a sip at lunch which turned into a guzzle which turned into his own cup.  If a 3 year old can love this juice, you can too!  Now go watch the show and happy juicing!

No comments: