Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Slow return of Sanity

Yesterday afternoon was spent mostly like this:



I love that both babies need their mouths wiped...oh well.  anyway, Here's the scoop on what's going on.  On Thursday, I changed Dace's pants FIVE TIMES because he was peeing in them all day long.  It's silly.  He has been on this weird lazy kick lately and not using the potty is just one way.  So we had enough and cut him off of all tv and computer games for Friday.  Of course he was ticked at first but he got over it.  And you know what?

Friday was one of the best days the boys have had in a long time.  There was hardly any fighting, crying or whining and they just played all day.  Most of the morning was spent outside with Jenna and doing puzzles.  Then in the pm they did playdough and more playing outside and reading books and having snacks.  They were content and pleasant and so were the twins.  I snapped these photos because I found myself looking at this table of kids and thinking, Ahhh.  Okay, this is good.  this is better.  I can handle this.  I'm raising 4 babies under 4.  And at the moment I'm enjoying it.  This is good!  Improvement!

So we are no longer allowing tv in the morning.  When the boys get up and play instead of sit down and zone out, it sets a better mood and energy for the rest of the day.  Dace can now watch a show during Zade's naptime (as long as he stays dry during the day) and then maybe a little show or movie before bed, depending on the evening.

In other news, the twins are really getting their neck strength up.  Here's some proof:



I only put Nev in the bumbo for a few seconds at a time, just to see where she is at for sitting on her own.  She really likes sitting up like that.  I think she can tell she's being a big girl when she does it.  Ammon still can't handle the bumbo.  His head is so heavy.  I think the seat may be a weird angle for him because if he sits on my lap he can hold it up straight just fine.  And on the floor too.  He was having a grand ole time on the floor this morning.  He stayed propped up in that position smiling and laughing and talking to someone for almost 10 minutes before he got tired.  He probably has an imaginary friend.  He gets that from me.  I had several as a child, my family stills talks about a certain two, Sookie and Dokka.  But that story is for confessions on another day....

Anyway, at this rate they are only a few weeks away from being able to sit up on their own enough to start trying solid foods.  Very exciting! Yup, sanity is slowly making its return to our home and to our lives.  and Exhale.

No comments: