Thursday, December 29, 2011

the three month hurdle

WE MADE IT!  WE SURVIVED!...so far.  haha!

well here they are- the princess and the chunk.  3 months old today.  wow.


    Ammon-  "Does this shirt make me look fat?"
    Nev- "it's not the shirt,  you are fat."
    A- "Good.  that's what I was going for- Bodyguard, Fullback, sumo wrestler...something like that."
    N- "well, you nailed it.  All 3."



Another photo that displays why everyone thinks we have 2 sets of twins.  It really looks that way. 

Today, Nev and I took a quick trip to the doctor's office because I thought she had an eye infection.  Wrong.  Just a clogged tear duct that we need to do some massaging on.  Anyway, she weighed in at 10 lbs, 13 oz.  If she's ten, Ammon has got to be 15 or more.  We'll weigh him tomorrow. 

Now back to the topic at hand.  3 months.  They have both successfully slept through the night.  They are smiling and love to coo and carry on conversation.  Both have transitioned to a new and larger wardrobe. 

Ammon has been switched to formula.  The last few weeks we have had to supplement him a bit because with both of them eating more at each feeding, especially him, I was coming up short in the milk department. After a lot of thinking I made the executive decision to switch him to full time formula at 3 months and keep nursing Nev full time.  I can certainly keep up with one plus she doesn't like formula.  No matter how warm it is.  Plus Ammon is a chomper!  And he doesn't even have teeth yet.  ugh.  Yup, bottle time it is for him. 

This morning at the peds office, our dr said how impressed he was that I had nursed them this long and that he was really happy with their weight.  Most mothers of twins don't even try because it is so much hard work and tons of effort.  I kind of blew it off, the same way I did last week when my mom said the same thing.  Why is it that it is so hard for us women, especially mothers, to give ourselves credit?!  So after thinking about it all day, I have decided that I am going to give myself a pat on the back for nursing them exclusively for their first 3 months.  They have more than doubled their birth weight.  All from breast milk.  That's me eating right and very often, drinking tons of water, being diligent on my vitamins, sitting down and feeding them every few hours around the clock for 3 months straight.  That's a sacrifice and I'm giving myself a gold star. 

No comments: