Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Dean Team

is expanding!!!!!


ETA for baby #3 is mid-November 2011.

So.....this was a surprise.  I didn't believe the first test and asked Dallin to go buy a digital one, just to make sure it was correct.  And yes, it was. 

This wasn't planned.  In fact, we had planned on not even talking about another baby until the end of summer.  But somehow it happened anyway and it must be meant to be because Dace and Zade are 21 months apart and Zade and baby3 will be 21 months apart as well. 

We are hoping for a girl but of course we will  be happy with either a happy, healthy, beautiful boy or girl. 

Another sign that it is meant to be is....

We are moving!!!!!!

Back to the island!
Into a house!


Yup, tis true.  Here's the story.

Our lease is up at the end of April.  We were content on staying here as long as our rent didn't go up.  They wanted to increase it $100; Dallin talked them down to $50.  So we were fine with that.....for a day or so.

Then it kind of started bothering Dallin that they would raise it at all.  We've been here 2 years, have never had complaints, do all our repairs etc ourselves.  We're golden renters.  Why would they want to boost our rent?  So he wanted to start looking around.  Plus the boys are starting to get cabin fever in this place, being in the same 1 living room all day.  The patio has been a lifesaver but getting too small for the two of them and playing on the grounds here is not an option because everyone has dogs here and the majority refuse to clean up after them.  You can't walk on the grass around here without a huge risk of stepping in dog scat. 

We had one community on the island that we were really interested in.  Our friends from church live in it and we asked if they had anyone in their townhome, just down the block from their house.  They did but they said they would keep their ears open for us.  Sunday at church, they told us that a renter across the street had been evicted and the house needed a lot of work, so much that the homeowner was thinking about just letting the bank take it.  Knowing that Dallin can pretty much do any home repairs on his own, our friends thought we might be able to work a deal with the owner. 

A few days later, we went and looked at it.  I was bracing myself for the worst after hearing the stories but it wasn't as bad as I imagined.  Mostly cosmetic work.  So we made an offer- if he replaced all the carpets, we would paint the whole interior and Dallin would do some tile work on our own dollar.  He jumped at the deal.  We had two neighbors vouching for us which made him more excited to get decent renters into his property. 

The house has:
4 bedrooms
3 baths
a den
a back yard!!!
garage
huge, spacious kitchen!
over 2500  sq. feet
and a community pool just down the block

We started cleaning three days ago.  we hope to start painting next week and the carpet will be replaced in 3-4 weeks.  Then we will start moving in.  He's not charging us rent until May 1 since we are still on lease here which is another perk and he is willing to give us a deal on the rent in exchange for the work we'll have put into it as well as just having good, trustworthy tenants. 

We are really excited about it.  They boys have a big room to share, we still have a guest room and the fourth smaller room will make a perfect nursery.  The den is also big enough for us to set up another bed in case we have lots of company at the same time. 

So that is our project for the next few weeks.  As well as Dallin having 3 other paint bids to do, plus we are just a couple weeks away from getting our 2 new businesses up and running.  So yeah, why not throw morning sickness on top of all that?!  It makes it even more fun to get it all done.  But we are!

Back to baby for a moment- I don't know if it's true that women tend to have a difference in their pregnancies when carrying a boy or girl but I have noticed a few. 

With the boys, the very thought of seafood made me dry heave at this stage.  But all I crave right now is shrimp and crab.  Even the tuna sandwiches at the store today made my mouth water.  how weird is that?! 

With the boys, I never turned into a sappy, crying-all-the-time pregnant woman but I have been more emotional the last couple weeks (even before I knew) than usual and need more hugs and snuggles from Dallin to get through the day. 

My 'morning' sickness is the same though- mild but almost constant day and night, a wave hitting what feels like every 6 minutes.  Thank goodness for dried ginger and mint mentos.  When I get hungry, which is almost every two hours, I have to eat within 10 minutes or feel likeI am going to morph into the wolfman.  Seriously!  It's intense!  Dallin has learned this from the last 2- feed me without any delay or hesitation or be sorry!

Lastly, there is a girls name in my head that will not leave.  Zade's name popped into my head the moment I found out I was carrying him.  Perhaps this will be the same way.  But I would love some girl middle name options.  We're leaning towards a french origin and I have a few but nothing that I really, really love. 

In all honesty, I am staying completely neutral about the sex until the ultrasound because I don't want to count on a girl then feel let down if its a boy.  Not that I'd be disappointed but you get what I'm saying.  It is fun to look forward to having another sweet pea to join our crew.  These boys will be the best big brothers ever.  But the thought of having 3 kids before Christmas does suck the air out of my lungs- it's easier to think, next year we'll be having a baby.  Nope, it's only months away and before this year is up.  crazy!!!

Okay, I have to go chug 2 glasses of water and pop a mentos now....

3 comments:

brittany said...

ACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK! I am soooooooo excited for you! I have a huge smile on my face!!!!!!! I SO hope it's a girl. I hope, I hope! That is so awesome!!!!! I hope it's a girl! And yay for the nice big house! I am so happy!!!

CMortenson said...

congrats on baby #3! don't know if you remember me, collette baker from calgary. i'm also kelsey leavitt's cousin. anyways, i was lookin' at her blog and popped on over to yours. try jolly ranchers too or any sour candy for the nausea! i didn't know about that little trick until this 3rd pregnancy and wished i'd known about it for all 3!! good luck with this pregnancy...i'm only 4 1/2 weeks away and can't wait for it to be over!! :-)

Sarah said...

I craved seafood with both B and Afton, not Jesse, but then I ate it ( crab and lobster-I know, I'm bad) and got SO sick. Just a warning :)