Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Cupcake Contest

Our library had their first Cupcake Challenge today and I entered. 

This is my Smore cupcake- graham cracker and chocolate on the bottom, chocolate cake, more crumbs on top then a marshmallow frosting toasted with a kitchen torch, all made from scratch. 

Prizes were awarded to the prettiest cupcake, tastiest and most unique, as well as a kids only contest.  I thought I had a good shot at winning the prettiest because that is what everyone called it when they came by. 

But alas, I came home empty handed. 

But that's okay.  I had fun and got a lot of great compliments from everyone and no complaints from those who ate a sample. 

This would be a great refreshment for a camp organization meeting so if anyone wants the recipe, I will gladly pass it on.  The homemade marshmallow is crazy good!  So is the rest of the cupcake. 

No comments: