Monday, February 7, 2011

A little Dace ditty

Last Friday (Jan 28) I got up early to start making beef bourginon to cook all day in the slow cooker.  Dace spotted me peeling carrots and wanted one.  I jumped on the opportunity since he’s not much of a carrots fan.  A few minutes later, he came running up to me with empty, orange-stained hands and said, “Mommy!  Ate whole heeng (thing)!  So…licious!”  

Saturday, Jan 29-
After I got showered and dressed for the day, we went into Dace’s room to get him dressed.  I was sitting on the floor with his clothes and he was sitting on his nightstand looking at me with a sweet, funny look on his face.  “Dace,” I asked, “Do you like my makeup?  Is momma pretty?”  He smiled sweetly then said softly, “Yeah, pretty eyes.  So pretty, momma.”

Saturday, February 5
Dace headed downstairs to go pee when he woke up this morning.  A minute later, Zade woke up and Dallin took him downstairs.  When Dace opened the bathroom door, Zade was sitting right there waiting for him.  Dace leaned onto his knees and cried “Oh hi, little guy!!!  How you?!” 

Monday, February 7
At supper tonight, Dace was in the middle of eating his peas when he declared- "This is amazin'!"



on the Zade front- he is walking little bits on his own.  For the last 3 days, every time I turn around he is walking from one place to another place not too far away.  His trust and confidence is growing.  It'll be any day now....

2 comments:

Marisa Hodges said...

I love reading their little commentary! so cute!

brittany said...

Aw, Dace totally melts my heart. I request more posts like this!