Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grandpa's in town!

My dad got in last Tuesday and will be here for another two weeks.  We are all enjoying having him here.  It's been a bit on the chilly side but we got to the beach over the weekend to enjoy the sunshine.  He and Dace have built train tracks every day and Zade is learning how to walk.  It's been a busy few days.  Sorry for my slacking off in the 'new post' department.  I copied some images and video off Dad's camera tonight, after the three of us are brain-dead after a horribly slow game of rummicube.  Here's a recap of the last 7 days:


 Further proof for my theory that babies really are puppies, and vice versa.

He fell asleep on the way home from the beach, at 5pm then slept through til 7am the next morning, a 14 hour stretch.  We adults are so envious. 


Naptime during grocery shopping.  Thankfully Dad was with me and willing to stay in the car.  What would have taken hours in and out of 3 stores with these guys, I got it done in less than an hour and a half and these boys got a good, well needed nap.  It's hard work playing with "gampa" all day. 


I hesitated to upload this video because, well, I really need a belt.  But it is the best footage of Zade walking, doing the longest stretch of steps to date.  Pay attention to his exclamation of glee once I pick him up.  He loves sucking in his breath like that and I love hearing it. 


1 comment:

Maria Olsen said...

Always fun when grampa comes, hooray!!!