Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Photography practice

It might seem like Zade has taken over the blog. But Dace is going through this phase where he does not want his picture taken. I can sneak one in when he's playing but he won't stop and pose for me. Zade is a willing model, on the other hand. I'm trying to find a bit of time each week if not every couple days to improve my shooting skills. I was playing around with natural light and focusing on the smallest details of little Zayzay's face. These are my favorites. No retouching yet, that's a whole other tutorial.

I love the hint of concentration.


I love his cheekers and his perfect little bow of a mouth.


I like the light and the look in his eyes. And the slightly raised eyebrows too, of course.



Suzanne took a picture of Dace like this when he was a few months younger. Zade looks so much like him and the shot is almost identical.




I love just about everything about this one.

1 comment:

brittany said...

I love his chub chub and his little boy hair! So dang cute. What is he chewing on in the last picture? A lego.