Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just Another Sunday

The Brelands are visiting! Yippee!! Which calls for Sunday dinner. The star of the meal was this:



homemade artisan bread. Isn't she beautiful? Let's just take a moment to look at her. Sighhh....she was just as yummy as she is pretty. I'll be blogging more about her next week. Along with her sister Frenchie, also homemade.

Maybe November will be all you can eat carbs month. Sounds good to me!

So then I turned my camera to my favorite men. Remember how excited Dace was to have his photo taken this week? I thought i might get lucky twice. NOPE! Here is attempt #1:
and attempt #2-
Okay, Dace. I can take a hint. I'll leave you alone.
Here's my second munchie. He's teething. He just cut his left upper eye tooth (or baby fang as i call them) and the right side will be through any moment. It has not been pretty. During the day it is okay but he turns into a bear at night. I think we were up 6 times with him last night. I didn't get asleep until sometime after 2 because he was in our bed for a while. Needless to say, it took almost 50 minutes for me to get my sorry butt out of bed this morning.
Here he is with his favorite Dace sippy cup. No, he doesn't know how to drink from a straw but it is a nice soft plastic that he loves to chomp on. Anytime he spies it on the floor, he beelines over to it, scoops it up with his chubby little paws and hunkers down for a little chew.
He's content in this moment.
Like the mohawk? I ran a comb through his hair once after his bath and it stayed like this for the couple hours before he went to bed. crazy. No product was used in this styling.
If you could look closely, you would see that Zade (or zay-zay as he is now affectionately being referred to) is still wearing a third of his supper. This kid HATES getting his face washed. I thought I had gotten most of it until I saw this picture up close. A lentil facial is good for the pores, right?
Out on the porch watching the sunset. Here's hoping for a better night and a more pleasant awakening to start the week.

No comments: