Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

On our balcony before church. I'm channeling Kiera Knightley in this dress. I got it for an accidental price of $3.99 yesterday. Ross, oh how I love thee!
And then there is the oh so dashing Mr. Dace in his vest and matching tie. Look at that smile! He loves mornings.

The one who calls me mama, with the one who calls me wifey. (okay, Dallin really doesn't call me that but you get the point). I love my handsome boys!



My stash. White tulips, Dove chocolates and the perfect card from Dallin. He always finds the one that totally suits me. Much needed new makeup as my present. Don't worry, I picked it out, not Dallin. and then free roses from Belks for spending way too much money on said makeup.

As I sit here at the laptop, Dallin is in the kitchen making cake for tonight's dessert. I can hear Dace upstairs playing in his crib, still not asleep. He was dragging it all morning at church and only now does he feel like being in a good mood. Go figure.
But I want to send a shoutout to all the wonderful mothers in my world. Whether you are a friend, a sister, a grandma, a mother of a friend- whatever it is, if someone calls you mom then I want to express my love and appreciation for all of you. Someone said in a talk today that mothers heal the souls of men. And so many of you have healed mine. Thank you all your love and sacrifice and joy that you bless this world with.
Mom, to you alone, thank you so much for being such a great mother to me and such a wonderful Grandma to Dace. I am so thankful for the endless advice and prayers and encouragement.
Carol, thank you for being such a wonderful mother and raising such an incredible son. He is a wonderful husband and father.
And lastly, to Dace- thank you for choosing me to call mama. You have blessed my life in ways that I can never fully express in words. I love you so much! You will always be my little munch.

No comments: