Monday, May 25, 2009

The Commencement of Birthday Week

Yesterday morning, I solemnly dressed our little Dace for his last day at church as a baby. That's right, his first birthday is coming up on Friday. Next Sunday, he will be a toddler and then, I am sure, the questions of "So when are you going to have another one?" will start. The answer to that is- mind your own business!

just kidding!!! I'm feeling saucy this morning. Don't mind my sense of humor.

I think I want to wait one more year. I have a few goals that i want to accomplish before I step into round two of preggerville. But if things change, of course we'll keep you posted....I digress....

Anyhoo, I have been reflecting on the last year as I have been gathering things for the big party this week. I have learned a lot from being a mother (another post coming soon) and am in awe of how fast it has gone by!

Dace is walking up a storm and has mastered going up and down the stairs. His nosie has healed from the faceplant down the stairs and so we are preparing for our family photo hopefully to take place next week.
He can now say Done! when he is finished eating and as of this morning is also saying his own name. His favorite food currently is pinto beans which he eats twice a day. Not for lack of options but because he has decided he would like to live on bread, cheese and beans plus as much fruit as we will give him. And, in case you are wondering, all systems are a go in the diaper department which has to be some sort of scientific miracle based on how much cheese the guy consumes. His fave snack is goldfish and he has discovered the magic of Sesame Street.
He has also started nodding yes. It is a formal one shake movement of agreement that, if put in to words, would be something like, "Yes, mother, I would prefer prunes for my dessert. Thank you for asking my opinion on the matter." I want to get it on video. He has been shaking his head NO for a while now which he likes to do while driving his walker which results swerving into furniture and walls as he can't shake his head and keep his balance at the same time.

That is all by way of Dace updates. I doubt I will post anything til Sunday, after the party. There is much to do before then.

We are off to the beach this afternoon. It is our long weekend and Dallin has taken the day off. Yay! And the sun has finally returned to us. It has been the epitome of rainy season this year here in the South. Lots of rain and clouds for two weeks straight. It is the longest stretch without a sunny day we have had since living here. So we are taking our chilled watermelon and heading to the beach.
Have a fab week!

2 comments:

Small Fry and Co. said...

Sorry, I left you a message on your answering machine thinking Dace's b-day was today. Why did I think that? Not sure. Anyway just want you to know I have not totally turned into my mother. P.S. I love that the word verification for today is "probut" Wish I had one.

Sus said...

I can't believe he's nearly 1! And he keeps getting cuter and cuter and cuter.