Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Big Birthday Party Bash






The theme was green and blue, if you couldn't tell.



It seems fitting that this is the 100th post of Dacebook!
I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders now that Dace is one. It's weird. Like I can breathe a sigh of relief that we made it. Not that it was too much of a struggle. I don't know, it's weird to describe. 1 done, 18 to go. Anyway, his party was a hit and everyone had a great time and no one went away hungry. We are so blessed to have such good people as our friends and whom we call family here in the South. We had just over 20 people join us for the festivities.





He knew something was happening. He only slept for an hour for his morning nap and was so excited for his buds to show up. His shirt says 'my first birthday'






The baby buffet. Homemade caramel corn, the ever-constant staple of goldfish and teether biscuits.





The real spread. Veggie platter, tropical fruit salad, brie/baguette/red grapes, cheese and crackers. pickles and olives, chocolate or vanilla cupcakes. spinach artichoke dip...have I mentioned I love being hostess? It's all about the food. And yes I made it all myself.






They were just as good as they look.






Opening presents.






These two can always find each other in a crowd. Best bud Xavier.





Happy Birthday to you!





Banana bread cake with fresh whipping cream. I think he thought it was a trap. Didn't do too much with it but liked the cream.









My Nigerian princess friend, Idy. She's great.


All the bubbas in a row. We have quite the united nations of little guys. All are americans as well as citizens of (from Left to Right: Chidubem (Nigeria), Dace (CANADA! insert trumpet here), Xavier (Mexico), Kyler (Peru). Not in the picture Jasmine (Brazil). Unable to attend was Eli (Trinidad).

Dace was winding down by this point, hypnotized by the fan and ready for a longer nap.










You know it was a good party when ...

2 comments:

Small Fry and Co. said...

Looks like a great birthday. Very chic I might add. Did I expect anyting less? Absolutely not. He is so cute. can't wait to see him and you in person.

Kight Family said...

Tovah you need to be a weeding planner or party planner because you always throw such awesome parties. I can't believe dace is 1. Time flies and he looks so grown up in his missionary shirt. Hope you guys had a great party and come back and visit soon.