Friday, May 1, 2009

A Break From Boxes

We are moved! And almost settled back on the main land, in Bluffton, SC. Just to explain things, we moved off the island to save some money in rent. We are about a 15 minute drive from where we used to live and are still in the same area, same ward, etc but just in a different part of it and that much closer to Savannah. Our new townhouse has a garage (which was the selling feature for Dallin, of course) then the first floor on top of that is the main living space with big open living room with balcony, dining room with balcony, big spacious kitchen, laundry room and bathroom all with 10 foot ceilings. Then upstairs are the 3 bedrooms and another bathroom, all with 10 foot ceilings as well. The master suite also has a balcony, walkin closet and a fabulous bath complete with double sinks, shower stall and a soaker tub (selling feature for me). I have a bit of painting and decorating to do and then I will post some pics of the new digs.

Meanwhile, we took a break from unpacking and did a quick trip in to Savannah with Dallin. He had to make a stop to take a bid and Dace needed a stretch after that. Here are some pics from his playground experience, pretty much his first time at a park.


Dace's balcony. Off the living room, totally baby safe. We're going to put foam pads down for him. But he loves standing out there, just like this, watching the lagoon across the street, looking for birdies and puppies.

In the swing. He was a little hesitant at first but then he warmed up to it.
My little Huck Finn, dirty feet and playing with a stick.


Happy bubba.



Sandy toesies.


Much better swinging with dad.
I look haggard but he makes up for everything I lack. I love his little arm around me, up on one tiptoe.

Big boy on the slide!

1 comment:

Small Fry and Co. said...

So cute. His hair is getting long. I am glad you are moved and not living on the streets or something. You'll have to send the new address so I can get birthday gifts sent (not yet though, don't worry I am not that organized)