Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Necessity is the mother (father?) of invention

These are my confessions:
My house is a disaster.  DEE ZAS TER!!!!

I have 6 loads of laundry piled strategically throughout the house that need to be folded.  For them to get folded and put away on the same day, let alone same week, would be nothing short of a miracle.

The kitchen floor is ....well...holy hell disgusting.  (pardon my french, by seriously, it really is)

There are dirty dishes in the sink, on the counter and in the dishwasher.

It has been several weeks since I cleaned the master bathroom.

My fridge is empty and desperately needs to be scrubbed out.  Needless to say, I need to grocery shop.

Our extra freezer in the garage was discovered one afternoon to be thawing out.  After rescuing most of the food, Dallin fixed it and turned it back on.  I still need to dethaw it and clean it out because all the shelves are iced over and some things are frozen into the shelf.

There are paw prints on the mirrors, the windows and the tv screen.



I have been on the brink of anxiety attack for the last couple days.  Last night Dallin took over and I went for a bike ride.  It was awesome to just vent my frustrations into my pedals.  I did the same thing again tonight.

It's been a busy week for me with Mary Kay.  Dallin has had the evening shift 4 times by this Sunday.  I told him last night when I came home that I think he is a better father than I am mother because he is always calm and seems to deal with the stress so much better than I do.  He begged to differ but I didn't really agree.

Some people say "I don't know how you do it."  I usually respond that I don't.  I feel like I don't do it, can't handle it and come up short most days.  I admit I have the odd day where I have the energy I need and feel great and nap times are smooth and everyone is in a good mood but those have been rare as of late.  Insomnia has been kicking my butt.  But I often wonder how HE does it.  I think Dallin could be a better stay at home mom better than me any day of the week.  He can manage bedtime with all 4 as well as dinner time whereas I am usually a stressed out spaz during both.  So how does he do it?

I came home from my bike ride tonight to find this scene in front of me.  Now I know.  Necessity really is the father of all invention.  Love you, D!

3 comments:

brittany said...

Haha! Funniest picture ever! I'm sure you're doing MUCH better than you think. You described my house and I don't even have any kids! Ha.

Small Fry and Co. said...

Love this scene-have no idea what all is piled on those kids but it is perfect. Greg does so much better than me on most days too-why is that? I think it is because they don't care as much as we do. Not that they don't care at all but they really just don't care about all the details that moms usually do. He is calm and I am a spaz. Hang in there-your job is not easy and I don't think you should ever have to make it sound that way. Besides if it was always perfect for the mother of 4 under 4 then those of us with 2 (an struggling) would feel super lousy.

Bradley Gough said...

I just had to comment on this post!! I feel the same way about Brad-how come he can do it better? But THEN! Oh, but then, I notice the details he misses out on. We mothers see the little details the boys don't, we sense needs they don't. And we CARE about little things they don't. I think it's good for balance. (The other day I had a dentist apt so Brad got Breanna dressed for school. I got there and to my horror her clothes were on backwards and she wasn't wearing socks. No biggie for one day, but thank goodness for mom every other day :) You're amazing!!! -Sarah