Wednesday, March 7, 2012

the latest scoop

We have started potty training Zade.  Or rather, he is potty training himself.  He is so independent and headstrong, I really don't have the patience or energy to force him to do it my way.  So whenever he tells me by grunting and tapping his crotch, I let him sit on the potty.  He pees every time.  He then gets a sticker for his chart and a couple m&ms.  It might take longer than Dace but its the best we can do at the moment.

He has also started to say new words.  At his peds checkup a few weeks ago, the dr (a sub, not our usual) was concerned about him being behind in speaking.  Perhaps we should check his hearing, she thought.  I knew there was nothing wrong with his hearing other than already being selective and my parents say I never spoke til I was almost 3 and Dace took a while to start talking too.

the day before his hearing exam, he says hi.  then ham.  Then honey.  We've been working on cup and bye.  Of course, his hearing is perfect and he continues to try new sounds and little words.

Dace is in love with Primary.  He asks all week long when its time to go back to church.  He is so excited about that it has also gotten him excited about starting school next year....I can't believe I just wrote that....wow. moving on before I have a break down and soap box about where the time has gone.

the twins are on such a great schedule. I LOVE it.  for example, it is 735pm and all 4 babies are in bed and asleep.  awesome.  Nev has been practicing her vocal scales and Ammon his falsetto, both at loudest volume possible.  It's like Donnie and Marie, the next generation over here or something.  They also love their bouncer and Ammon is all about eating solids.  Nev, after many weeks of persistence, finally figured out yesterday how to put her whole fist in her mouth.  It wasn't very cute or lady like but she was content.  Both babies wake up so gleefully happy in the mornings and after naps.  they take 1 quick bottle at night and we are all usually back in bed within 15 minutes because they can chug back 6-8 ounces so quickly.  nobody's complaining.

As for me and Dallin, business is starting to boom and we are starting to feel somewhat normal again.  We've even had a few date nights over the last few weeks and a trip to the temple last week, which was wonderful.  Life is good.






1 comment:

Charlotte said...

So cute, He Talks!! Nick and I were cracking up at the roars.