Friday, August 26, 2011

Zade's new trick

Tuesday afternoon, Dallin took Zade up for his nap.  We were both in the office at the bottom of the stairs when I heard him making noise.  I asked Dallin if he was in his crib.  He said yes.  Is the door closed?  Kind of, he said.  Weird, it sounds like he is right there in the landing upstairs. 

A moment later, I hear him on the stairs.  Oh my gosh, he got out of his crib!

I went to the door and he was coming down the stairs with the proudest look on his face.  He came down and ran into the office laughing and beaming from ear to ear.  I couldn't help but laugh because he was so pleased with himself and because it meant such a big change that we were not ready for.

We took him back up to see how he did it and that is the video we took. 

Dallin has rigged up an expansion to the bars to keep him in there.  He straps on 2 tennis rackets to the sides of the front bar and then he doesn't have the room to get up and over nor can he get over the extra height of the racket.  We were planning on putting him in a bed next month but now I don't know if we should go ahead with it or get a crib tent to keep him there a bit longer til he is mature enough for a twin bed. 

We never had any problem with Dace in this regard.  He never got out of his crib and even when we transitioned him to his twin, he never got out of bed.  It took him several weeks to realize that when he woke up in the morning he could walk out of his room on his own.  Zade will be more of a challenge adapting to the free range of a twin bed so we are still trying to figure out what we want to do. 

2 comments:

Tighe said...

What a little monkey! I told you it was comin'. I caught him straddling the rail when I was there. LOL Loved watching his Chinese contortionism to get his leg up there though. What a chunk.

brittany said...

Haha. I love how he goes for a second try. Ahaha.