Thursday, August 11, 2011

Second Ultrasound

We saw the twins today!  Dallin and I went into the hospital for our second ultrasound.  It was pretty neat.  Both babies are doing well and are a good size.  Baby girl is 2.7 lbs and Boy is 2.11 lbs.  Already over 5 lbs of baby in there and that will probably triple before this is all over.  wow- that makes my back ache just thinking about it.  ;)  Today they were laying horizontal over each other, like I have bunk beds in my tummy.  Baby girl is still A, closest to the bottom and baby boy is on the top bunk.  both have their heads on my right side. 

Baby girl loved the camera and gave us a lot of good face shots.  Baby boy was just as shy as last time.  The tech tried and tried to get a decent profile shot but he was not cooperating.  Neither was she.  As soon as baby girl realized we were trying to get his picture, she butted her head into every shot, trying to push his head out of the way.  It was funny and really neat to see them interacting like that.  At one point, he turned to the camera and opened and closed his mouth, like he was blowing kisses to mama then finally gave up on the whole charade and rolled over completely, giving us a nice view of his spine and brain.  Sister then realized the show was over and settled down too. 

I've also realized that my counting has been wrong.  I assumed that since 38 weeks is full term for twins, it would bump my due date and how far along I am.  Not the case.  It is still based on a 40 week expectancy.  So today I am 26 weeks and 3 days.  I will post some pics tomorrow.  Gotta scan them in and it is too late for doing that.  I really should be sleeping but that is easier said than done these days. 

No comments: