Saturday, November 27, 2010

So, Not much going on around here.

It is official.  I am turning into my mother.

My mom is one of the hardest working women I know.  Her precious Saturdays 'off' are never that.  They will include 214 loads of laundry, planting or plucking an entire garden, 10 loaves of bread, 2 batches of cinnamon buns, working on the basement- you know, typical lazing around things that typical people do on their days off. 

The last few weeks have been mentally, emotionally and physically draining.  After the joyful chaos that was thanksgiving, I vowed to take this weekend "off".  I wanted to just hang out with the boys, do the bare minimum for a couple days and just unwind from it all.  No multitasking whatsoever. 

So that's just what I did- I took today "off".  I got up and made a spinach salad for 20 for Dallin to take to a funeral. Fed the boys breakfast.  Emailed.  Made the beds and put away laundry.  Did 2 loads of laundry.  Put Zade down for a nap.  Put up the outdoor Christmas lights.  Roasted a turkey.  Took the boys to the park.  Fed lunch.  Put Dace down for a nap.  Had an impromptu photo shoot with Zade.  Created 2 banners for the blog.  Put Zade down for a nap.  Deboned the turkey.  Made turkey gravy.  Did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen.  Took the boys for a walk.  Made supper.  Bathed and put Zade to bed.  2 more loads of laundry.  Vacuumed the main floor.  Folded 2 loads of laundry.  Made 7 quarts of turkey stock.  Prepped my Sunday School lesson.  Put Dace to bed.  Did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen-again. 

Just another relaxing Saturday of a Racicot woman.  We Racicot women carry the wonder woman gene.

I'm thinking I might wear this to church tomorrow.....


This post is dedicated to Char and the legend herself, Mama Racicot. 

No comments: