Thursday, January 28, 2010

These Are the Moments

Tonight I had the most perfect moment with Dace. Dallin had meetings in Savannah and left around 6. I cleaned up supper then Dace and I shared some chocolate mints on the couch then played for an hour. At 8, I had to get off the floor so I laid down on the couch. He came over and wanted me to recline it then he crawled up with books to cuddle. We read through 3 books, then Dace rolled over to his side and snuggled in beside me. We laid there with no books, no tv, no nothing, just each other spooning for almost 20 minutes. It was the sweetest, most precious moment ever. I had my left arm under his neck and my right over top of him. I moved it down to his leg and he reached down, pulled my fingers back up so that I had my arm around his tummy. He just laid there beside me and baby boy was kicking between us. I can’t even put into words how perfect the moment was. My cup runneth over, I was thinking. I finally had to get up because I had to go to the bathroom so bad but Dace was getting tired and probably would have fallen asleep there if I didn’t have to move. He is not your ordinary toddler. What toddler lays down to cuddle mama without any distractions and for so long? I love him so much and am beyond blessed to be able to call him my son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... not only does he LOOK like my Morgan at that age, he acts like him too! Morgan would cuddle with me for literally HOURS, just laying together, in the grass sometimes, watching clouds go by or the aurora twinkle and glow. We are truly blessed! BTW, I saw you were married at Manti .. I wanted to have my wedding there SO badly but alas, not to be. It is still my all time favorite, even if we're not supposed to have favorites! teehee .. I'm just human! :-)