Friday, January 8, 2010

Final Project of '09

Okay so it took me just less than a week into the new year to complete it but the majority of it was done the week after Christmas.

I got these 2 shelves from Lynne when they moved and I instantly invisioned this project.


I spent $21 on supplies....

and Poof! I turned 2 beige and boring boxes into a cute book shelf and toy chest.
I'm really happy with how it turned out. Even the red trim is hodge podged scrapbook paper. And Dace loves it too! It's the perfect height for him and of course all the Thomas trains are a big hit. Every night before bed, he sprawls out on his tummy in front of it and flips through his books to pick out the 3 for us to read. Not bad for a $21 investment.

2 comments:

kelseyp said...

I LOVE IT!!! I just did the same type thing with wooden letters and scrapbooking paper and mod podge the little girls rooms. good job! it looks so cute!

Paul and Shug said...

Very nice.