Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bring on the Steak!

Let me start off by stating the obvious- the kid is a champ. I know I have said that before but seriously.

While having Sunday night dinner, I noticed Dace's cheeks were flushed. I had made salmon and thought that perhaps he was having a reaction. I have cooked fish before and he wasn't eating the salmon that night so I thought a reaction was a small chance. He was his normal, happy, bubbly self. Monday morning the same thing. But then it calmed down and I didn't think too much of it.

Well, last night as we were wrestling on the floor, I wanted to see if maybe he was cutting a new tooth. So I pinned him down and got him to open wide. I was shocked when I pushed his lips around to find 3 of the final 4 teeth had cut through! His top incisors and one on the bottom. What the heck?! No wonder his cheeks were rosy. The guy didn't wimper or complain once about his mouth hurting. I think he must be some sort of wonderbaby or something. I count my many blessings that the process is so manageable for him because I have a friend who has been struggling for months with her little guy and his teeth that just won't cut through.

So after I proclaimed my discovery we went over and showed Dallin and both of us sang him praises for being such a big boy. Of course, he beamed ear to ear and clapped for himself. Once that last one cuts through, we'll have to celebrate by throwing a ribeye on the barbie.

No comments: