Monday, October 7, 2013

Lil Miss Sets a Family Record

Now we know.  There's a reason we call her Lil Miss.

Today was doctor day.  Yup, how fun for me!  2 vs. 1.  double checkups.  Double vaccines.  Double cries. Double whiny day.  awesome!

Here are the stats:

Ammon - 30.2lbs (73%)
                36 inches (87%)
           
Nev -   24.2lbs (15%!!!!!!!!!!)
            34 inches (54%)

We at the Dean Team grow our boys BIG.  After 5+ years, we are used to and somewhat take pride in the high percentiles.  We are used to the usual 70-90%, sometime dipping down to a 50 or 60.  Boys should be tall and big.  They will be great "Spartans" when they grow up.  That's how I want them to be.  Not fat, but tall and muscular and fit.  Football players.  Basketball players.  Potential models for real-life scripture heroes.

Then comes along lil miss.  She's been little her whole life.  She was a tea cup baby when born, left the hospital at under 5lbs and spent a good 3 months in the womb being sat on by big brother, who also 'stole' more than his fair share of nutrition, hence the difference in size.  She's little.  I love that she's little.  She probably always will be that way.  But when she charted at only 15% for her weight, I was amazed!  I didn't think she was that little!  I think her height throws me off.  She is still decently tall.  She's long and lean.  Like me.  Other than pregnancy and post-partum, I have been 'underweight' according to chart definitions my whole life.  Wherever that gene came from, I will always be thankful for it.  Looks like Miss inherited it.

But don't let that fool you.  She is still the alpha-male in the twinship more often than not.  The little weight that she does have, she certainly knows when and how to throw it around, giving these big brothers of hers a run for their money.  I'm sure she'll be little her whole life.  But she'll be scrappy too.  And tough.  And strong. But still feminine and soft and beautiful.  But no matter what, I am sure we will always call her our little miss.

PS- Zade did his checkup last week- 75% for both height and weight.

No comments: