Monday, October 21, 2013

Birthday cake and a trip to the Zoo

This is very overdue so let me post this while I am thinking about it.

Compliments of Gramma, we took the kids to the Jacksonville Zoo for their birthday.  D and  I are both all about buying experiences and memories over "stuff" and since there is really nothing the twins need at the moment, the zoo was the perfect gift.  Everyone loved it.  It is the best zoo I have been to.  It was perfect overcast weather with a few sprinkles of rain and not overly crowded.  It was so much fun!!

Do you see the Lion under the tree?

Petting sting rays!!

Train ride!!

Butterfly conservatory.  This was my favorite.  It was so magical with fairies and gnomes and classical music playing.  I could have stayed all afternoon in there.

Kumodo dragon.  Miss wasn't sure what to think....




Dace has a thing for maps.  I think he almost spent more time looking at that than at animals.



And this!  This is one of my favorite memories with my boys.  This was so cool!  -


And then on their birthday, we had a few close friends over for chocolate cake.  Let the terrible twos begin... times two....yay....so excited....   ;)




No comments: