Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is what a manuscript looks like


I could tell you the long version of how this all came to be but i will save it til later. For now, let me just say that I had a story and really wanted to write it. I set a goal to get it done in three months and I finished yesterday, 6 days before my goal date. It is 260 printed pages and hovering around 80,000 words. I started editing this morning and have a few areas I need to expand on but it won't get much bigger than this. The next step is sending out my query letters and finding an agent and then selling it. I love the story, I love the characters and it has gotten rave reviews from both Dallin and Lisa. I'm really excited to see what is going to happen with it. The movie will be amazing. I'm not leaking any details but trust Dallin when he says "chicks are gonna eat this stuff up." My next goal is to sell it by the end of summer. Did you know Stephanie Meyer went from writing the first word of Twilight to selling it for $750K all in six months? That is my inspiration. Don't tell me it can't be done. Allow me to demonstrate.

4 comments:

Allison Claire said...

Awesome! I want to read it! What a cool accomplishment. :)

kelseyp said...

good job tov! i have no doubt gonna be a huge hit. i can't wait.

Kight Family said...

Tovs, you are so amazing and I already knew you were creative but wow- you wrote a book. Good luck with getting it printed and published and I promise I will buy one of the first copies.

Woods said...

holy that is so awesome!! now I'm dying to read it.