Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Failure? No, it's Artsy

Remember that one scene in the first Matrix movie where Neo has a nice, long nap and they insert disk after disk into his brain and - Poof!- he wakes up being a master in the subject? Oh how I yearn for such a nap. But I would be so dang excited for my newfound knowledge that I wouldn't be able to sleep. So, what would I request if I had a nap like that? Hmmm. I can hear it now. After every disk was complete, it would pop out of my brain like toast with a little ding like a toaster oven and say, "Congratulations, you can now sing like Celine Dion." Ding! "You are now fluent in French, Italian, Spanish, and Korean. Ding! "You are now equipped to kill with your bare hands." (How brave and fearless would you be if you had that kind of skill?!?!?) Ding! You are now a master seamstress. Ding! You are now a pro-star expert of Photoshop. Ding! Congratulations, you now know everything you need to be a professional photographer.


And that is where this rant is coming from. I am starting to think my camera is smarter than me. It knows the shot I want but it laughs evily (is that a word, Carol? And is it spelled correctly?) and says, Mwahahaha! You will never get me to create that! Maybe I need to dumb down to something of an amateur/intermediate level. I don't know. At any rate, I took it out today to fiddle around and I really need to learn about lighting and shutter speed. Can't seem to figure it out. But alas, I will not give up. I have a goal to be good at everything. That's what I want to do with my life and I really think it's possible. Just keep on trunkin'. And be aggressive! Be, be aggressive! And stay positive. And so when I look at this picture I think- Failure? No, it's artsy. Massively over-exposed and out of focus, but it's still an artsy photo of a cute bubba.

No comments: