Friday, April 6, 2012

The first of Many

The twins were on the floor playing tonight.  Nev was rolling all over the place.  Ammon was on his tummy playing with one toy.  Nev seemed to only roll in one direction and so when she wanted to roll towards the ball but ended up by the wall in the other direction she wasn't too happy about it and a little confused.  I picked her up and put her beside Ammon where she had a big spit up, calling for a wardrobe change.

I went upstairs to get her a new sleeper.  I could hear her still fussing and knew that she was settling down, getting ready to sleep.  Then her cry went from an annoyed cry to one of pain.  I figured that Ammon probably rolled over on her.  Coming down the stairs, her cry intensified and I knew she was hurting.  I walked into the living room and she was still on her tummy beside Ammon but he had rolled onto his back and had his fingers up her nose and in a death grip.  No matter how short I cut his nails, they still feel like razors so I knew that had to be so painful to her.

I carefully released his fist from her nose and picked her up.  When she saw me, she shrieked at me as if to say- "How dare you let me get into a situation like that!  Do you know what that just felt like?  Get me the cheese grater mom.  I'll shove that up your nose and see how YOU like it!"  She was so ticked!  I felt bad but it was a little bit funny at the same time because she was so dramatic about it.  I have no doubt that it hurt because he loves to claw those little talons into my hand when I am feeding him.  I can only imagine getting that up the nose!

When she finally calmed down, I apologized to her once again but realized that this is only the first of many times in life that a brother will accidentally make her cry during play.  One of only a few downsides to having 3 big brothers.

(Yes, technically Ammon is younger than her by 4 minutes but let's face it, he will always be bigger.)

No comments: