Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No News is Good News

Sorry for the delay in updates.  I was discharged from the hospital on Saturday but allowed to room-in for two more nights.  Then I was booted out of my room and haven't been on my computer much since.  I finally decided to come home for the nights monday which was very hard to do.  But I was tired and didn't feel like sleeping in a rocker for the night. 

So now I spend the days in the hospital and come home at nights. 

Ammon has been spending his days like this for the last 4 days:
My parents got into town last night and stopped in at the hospital to meet the twins and to pick me up to take me home. 

This morning when me and Mom got to the hospital, Ammon was out of his light box.  Yay!!!  We got to snuggle him all day long.  His levels are great and now it's just a matter of getting their feedings down pat and then we'll be heading home.  There was some miscommunication about my requests with their feedings and had there not been, we would be a few days closer to being released.  It's a long story.  Anyway, I'll be talking to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully getting some sort of date to look forward to.  And hopefully he can count the last few days of bottle feeding towards their credit.  Because all their levels are great and they take the bottle so well.  They nurse well too but they fall asleep too quickly to eat a whole feeding from nursing.  They have to have all their feedings by mouth and be able to keep it down without any problem in order to go home.   I know they are totally fine and will be fine with it but the nurses are very hesitant at pushing them too  much, even though they have had no regression. 

Anyway, i'll let you know what the doc says tomorrow.  For now, here is a couple pics and video clips to fill you in.

Her fist might be wrapped around daddy's thumb but she sure has him wrapped around her little finger. 

Double duty.  Gramma is in heaven!


No comments: