Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today's Dace Ditty

#1
Zade has been a whining bear for the last two days.  This afternoon, after his nap, we were upstairs getting into shorts to go outside and go biking around the pond.  I put him down on the floor so I could change and he instantly start whining.  If he's not on my hip, he's whining.  I rhetorically asked, "Zade, why are you so whiny today???"  Dace replies matter of factly - "He had long day, mama."

#2
We were eating supper tonight when out of nowhere, Dace says- Me have baby sisto.
Dallin- Yeah?  Is it a baby sister in mommy's tummy.
Dace- yeah.....
Dallin- What if it's another brother, like Zade?
Dace- no, just  sisto.

Which is really interesting because a couple weeks ago, I had this conversation with him:
Dace finished watching a little Franklin cartoon about getting a little sister.  As he was putting away the movie, he says, “Mom, I love that little sisto baby.”

Yeah?  What if mommy has a sister baby in her tummy.  Would you like that?

He thinks for a minute, then says, “No, just keep Zade.”

I laughed.  We’ll always keep Zade but what if you can have him and a sister.  Would that be fun?

No, just keep Zade home. 

Okay. 
***
I guess he's changed his mind and is open to the idea of a sister....Or maybe it was divine revelation.....

No comments: