Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mutiny in the Highchair

As previously mentioned, Dace has been going through a fussy bout with eating. He no longer wants his baby food mush. At first, I thought it was his cold and then because he was teething but after a couple weeks of it, I thought maybe he was having a sweet tooth (and my all-wise, all-knowing mom agreed. What would we do without mothers? I really have no idea. Thanks mom! Love you!). This happened when he was about 5 months old after too much apple sauce. So I took him off fruits for a few days and he is getting better but still a challenge. My children will NOT be picky eaters. I don't care how much work it takes. This was Dace's first taste of spaghetti. Not such a hit. But we did discover a few days ago over a meal of veggie rotini that he likes garlic. So his last few suppers have been veggies and pasta sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic and he chows down.
Does this look like I'm impressed with your culinary skills, mom? I don't think so.
I quit. There is nothing here that is working for me.

Do I sense a hint of garlic?

1 comment:

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Tovah! I am finally getting this blog thing down... :) I hope life is wonderful, it seems like you are loving being a mom. He is sooo cute, especially when plastered with food!