Thursday, July 18, 2013

They Were So Little

I was up way too late last night....thinking.  Which is usually not a good thing with me.

I don't know what kicked it off but it started in the afternoon and kept coming back to me all the way up to bedtime.  My babies have grown up so fast.  They were so little!  And now, we are months away from our final stint of potty training, changing out the cribs forever to the last twin sized beds, our firstborn going off to Kindergarten (!!) and the 'babies' are starting to talk.  Never mind the fact that it's almost time to start thinking about planning their 2nd birthday party!

Two other major factors that are contributing to my visit of memory lane is that I am weeks away from celebrating another birthday.  And my baby brother, the 7th of 7, the baby, returns home from a mission today.  21 years old.  I still remember giving him bottles in his highchair.   Time marches on.

Needless to say, I have been very reminiscent.  I was looking through photos and videos and just being blown away at how quickly the time has flown by and how much I did end up surviving/enduring.  I have lived to tell the tale!

Babies...they are just so little and so sweet and so perfect.  I have been SO blessed to have had 4 amazingly good babies who are now growing into amazingly good kids.  It is bittersweet coming to this crossroads where one phase of life is phasing out and another begins.  When I look back, I don't remember how extremely tired I was (except for the one time when the twins were newborns and I was carrying one up the stairs and halfway up, stopped and for the life of me could not remember which foot came next.  I was that sleep deprived!!) but I remember the sweet things.  Those 'nothing' moments.  Because in hindsight, those nothing moments were the everything.

THEN -
Nev                                                                                Ammon

Zade


                                             Dace

NOW -

No comments: