Saturday, December 1, 2012

Halloween 2.0= Best.Christmas Party. EVER!!!

It was like a dream come true - 2 Halloweens in one year!

Tonight we had our church Christmas party - A Night In Bethlehem.  Our building was transformed into the streets of Bethlehem.  It was sooooo much fun and such a great party.

But first, costumes!  Oh how I love to make costumes!  I don't know what it is but it's just so much fun to dress up.  Our awesome kiddos transformed into shepherd boys, a mini Roman guard and the Littlest Angel:






Don't we look fantastic?!  I did all 6 costumes for a total of 5 bucks! 
 Ammon's costume I had made for Halloween for when we were Romans, Miss' dress and the boys tunics were pillow cases, I made my dress from a sheet I had leftover from the Dace's birthday pirate ship.  I spent $2 at the thrift store for fabric scraps and got my wraps and dallins and all the head pieces.  Then I spent $3 on one more sheet from the thrift store to make Dallin's toga.  Ta-da!!!!

Okay, back to the party.  Entering the building, you walked through fire torches and a candle lit path:

Then you had to pay your taxes (canned goods) and sign the scroll:
(PS- I had to go back afterwards and take pics.  Somehow I can't manage pushing a double stroller through traffic and herd 2 toddlers and take pics but imagine all this bustling because we had an awesome turnout as you will see)

Then into the town square to await the orders of the Captain of the Roman Guard (aka Bishop).  I could only snap this quick pic of him heading outside after it was over:

Food was served in the Market Place:



A short program followed dinner and our friends played Joseph, Mary and Jesus.  He was the cutest, fattest baby Jesus ever.  We love babyB!


There was also a Taylor Shop set up where you get get a costume.  Everyone was dressed up, it was so great!  There was a Photo Booth (that's where our family photo above was taken) and then a Toy Shop where the kids could pay coins to make different crafts or buy a mini driedel.

We got home at 9 and poured all 4 kids into bed.  They were so excited to go all day and we had such a great time.

Happy December everyone!  It's Christmas Time!!!!






1 comment:

VBevans said...

Hi! Could you tell me how they made those painted backdrops? What did they use to paint on? Plywood? Paper? We are trying to do this for our ward this year. Thanks so much.