Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dace's First Word!

Like clockwork, the little man woke up at 6:46 am on the dot. I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and stumbled to his crib, still having way too much melatonin in my system and desperately needing a few more hours of sleep. I heaved him out, fumbled to the kitchen and made a bottle and assumed the position on the couch. He dank it peacefully and was almost back asleep when he got a burst of energy and his eyes popped open. I sat him up and he quietly sat on my lap, looking out the window to the morning's first light. He started gibbering away and then- dada. WHAT?! I was instantly and totally awake. It came again but a little different- Dad-dee. He sat there, simply looking out the window and enjoying the new sound his mouth had discovered. I sat there with him for a few minutes, just enjoying the moment and listening to him repeat it over and over. Then I picked him up and took him to see the man of the hour. "Guess what Dace can say, Dallin?" Dallin was still in groggy mode but soon enough with a little coaxing, Dace called out dada and then went and gave him a snuggle.

1 comment:

kelseyp said...

that is adorable!! pretty soon he's gonna be talking your ears off.